Новые сообщения Участники Правила Поиск
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Serious Site » Конкурсы » Director’s Cut 2021 (eng) (2021)
Director’s Cut 2021 (eng)
Ar2R-devil-PiNKy Понедельник, 14.06.2021, 09:19 | Сообщение # 1

Creative virtuoso
Награды: 58
Замечания: 

Dear friends, mappers and those who are hungry for some new content! SeriousSite.ru would like to invite you to our new 11th (not counting the New Year themed) mapping contest called Director’s Cut! This time we want you to put Sam into any book, movie or cartoon universe (not a game, mind you). It is not neccessary to explain how and why this happened. If you can do it - nice. If you can't - that's not a big deal either. You shall not loose any points for the lack of explanation briefing.

You can supplement the existing story with your own details, or you can simply leave it the same as it was. The important thing here is to keep the same setting, genre and "lore" without significant contradictions. All the events happening in your maps will be checked for consistency and general faithfulness to the source material by the jury memebers. They will also check the level of details of the map itself. These are the major key rules of the contest! Everything else is secondary.

In order to manually judge your projects, the jury members will need some time to prepare and get acquainted with the source material. So, if your map is based on some unpopular, little-known or very long book, movie or cartoon, please inform the contest organizers beforehand. The sooner they'll start preparing to your map, the better.

Expanded information and details:

FAQ:

General rules and guidelines:

Games acceptable for mapping:

• Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter
  • Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
  • Serious Sam 2
  • Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
  • Serious Sam Fusion
  • Serious Sam 4

Prizes:

• 1-st place: 8000 roubles
  • 2-nd place: 4000 roubles
  • 3-rd place: 2000 roubles
  • 4-th place: 500 roubles
  • 5-th place: 500 roubles

(transfer via PayPal or Steam, as you wish)

You can apply for the contest up until September 15, 2021.
    To do it post your message in this thread or PM the contest organizer.

Maps submission:

All the maps must be finished and submitted prior to September 19, 2021.
    To submit your map contact the contest organizer via PM or any other way (Discord, Steam).

Contest arrangement:

All the maps must be finished and submitted prior to September 19, 2021. In a period from September 20 to October 2 judges will pull their hair out check out the submissioned maps and provide help to eliminate critical bugs, if there are any. October 3, 2021 — end of contest, announcement of winners.

You can leave your comments and questions re. the contest in this thread.

Tips and advices:

1. Don't start the work late.
    2. Don't pay too much attention to details instead of gameplay.
    3. Don't make anything that can shorten the length of the map, but don't concentrate on prolonging it too much either. Find the balance.
    4. Try to keep a single style and idea. You can draw you map layout on a paper, then write the story and move on to Serious Editor next.
    5. Don't be afraid to try things. Any action is better than no action at all.

General FAQ:

Q. Can I make a map for Serious Sam: Revolution?
    A. We should delete this question already.

Q. Can I make a mappack or just a single map?
    A. One sumbition - one map. If your map has become too big, you can divide it into multiple maps.

Q. Can you prolong the contest duration/Can I submit my map later?
    A. Absolutely not.

Q. My PC/hard drive/favorite dog died and I can not continue participation in the contest? Can I withdraw my application?
    A. No. Make backups. Any unforseen circumstances are first and foremost your personal problems.

Q. Can I use this model/texture made by author X in my map? Will it affect my final score and results in the contest?
    A. Nothing of that is prohibited, but all the responsibility for using such stuff lies on you. It doesn't affect your final score and the results in the contest. Just make sure all the resources are placed in a single .gro file.

Q. Do you still copy this text?
    A. Yes, we do.

Мои работы
  • Форум » Serious Site » Конкурсы » Director’s Cut 2021 (eng) (2021)
    • Страница 1 из 1
    Поиск:

Статистика