Новые сообщения Участники Правила Поиск
  • Страница 1 из 1
Модератор форума: freeknik, SLAwww, thecre, RealCrazyMan  
Форум » Serious Sam » Серьёзное редактирование » How to reactivate KarnakFlyover cameras?
How to reactivate KarnakFlyover cameras?
PikaCommando Воскресенье, 28.05.2017, 17:01 | Сообщение # 1

Награды: 0
Замечания: 0%

The camera entities and all that other enemy movement stuff used in the famous Karnak Flyover demo is still in the KarnakDemo level. The only question is, how can we reactivate the whole thing again (the cutscene and the enemies that only appear in it)? I tried to use triggers to target the first camera upon level start, but the camera just stays still for a while before cutting back into gameplay and the usual level enemies are still idling there instead of the ones patrolling around in the Flyover cutscene.

StormCatcher77 Понедельник, 29.05.2017, 12:34 | Сообщение # 2

Награды: 7

To activate the camera "FlyOverCamera" you need to do the following:

1. Find and select this camera, for example, through the "Select entities" window - "N".
2. After you have select it, press and hold the "Ctrl + \" keys until the count of the selected objects on the bottom line shows 242 and stops increasing.
3. Now you need to select "Spawn flags" in the "Entity properties" window and turn on all the disabled checkboxes. (see the picture).
4. To activate the camera, you need to create a new trigger, aimed at it, and then aim at this trigger ... for example the new "Touch Field". You can use copy of any, the main thing is to make sure that the "Active" option is turned on.
5. Touch "Touch Field" and watch the flight of the camera ... :)

Movement of enemies is controlled by the trigger "Trigger Start Walk For Camera", but it seems, by no means all. It can also be aimed at a new trigger or include the parameter "Auto start".

PikaCommando Вторник, 30.05.2017, 20:36 | Сообщение # 3

Alright, got the cameras working now. But as for the enemies, I have to manually delete the ones that appear regularly in gameplay and also add in some that aren't in the map anymore like that Harpy standing high up on a pylon, right? But there's some odd things that I can't seem to solve.

In the Ankh Pool section, there's these 3 Beheadeds standing together in the usual demo.

However, they're not appearing in mine, even though they're there inside the editor and are not templates or anything.

By the way, there's a few triggers named "Trigger Start Walk for Camera", a few named "Trigger Start Walk", and one named "Trigger1 Start Walk for Camera" (and some other with Stop instead of Start). I only have to auto-start the one at the start with the ID 3755, yeah?

StormCatcher77 Среда, 31.05.2017, 09:25 | Сообщение # 4

Награды: 7

For enemies that do not appear during testing, you also need to check "Spawn flags", and turn on all the disabled checkboxes. The rest, probably, needs to be restored by hand.

I was referring to the trigger, which is not far from the camera. I know that there are others there, and probably they should also be activated somehow, but I do not know exactly how this system works. This will be found out only by experiments, and by comparison with the result and the video.

And ... ID 3755 - what is this? Index of entity?
O_o
And there i can see it? I really do not now.

Kadath Среда, 31.05.2017, 14:30 | Сообщение # 5

Son of Anubis
Награды: 24

Цитата StormCatcher77 ()
And ... ID 3755 - what is this? Index of entity?

Select by discription > ID column. btw, in revolution only

Мои работы
DeadKadath's Showcase
ST27 Среда, 31.05.2017, 17:43 | Сообщение # 6

Награды: 6

>Revolution

- My Personal Site -
Kadath Среда, 31.05.2017, 20:25 | Сообщение # 7

Son of Anubis
Награды: 24

Цитата STPROD ()
>Revolution

Мои работы
DeadKadath's Showcase
PikaCommando Среда, 31.05.2017, 23:14 | Сообщение # 8

Alright, all the enemies appear as they should, but two major problems remain.

1. The timing is off. I don't know why, but the enemies are moving at the wrong time. I can't find what's causing it. Also, turns out that "Trigger Start Walk for Camera" doesn't need to be auto-started since one of the markers activate them, although there doesn't seem to be a difference whether autostart is turned on or not.

2. Some enemies make sound. In the original demo, there's no sound outside of the music. The Kleer and Gnaar sounds are easy to get rid of by turning off their spawn flags, but there's still some Headman sounds for some reason. Most of the time the patrolling Headmen don't make any noise, but it's just some towards the end (when the camera is in the yard with the spike pit and the circular room where you have to press switches) that keeps making their idle sounds. I tried to turn off the spawn flags for all EnemySpawners and for all the Headmen that aren't in the demo, but there's still the sound. If I'm not missing anything and it really is the patrolling Headmen at the end that is making the noise, is there a way to make them be silent and why are they the only ones that make their idle sounds?

Форум » Serious Sam » Серьёзное редактирование » How to reactivate KarnakFlyover cameras?
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Статистика